Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Schalke 04 II






So today I had a training session with the second team of Schalke 04. The entire day went by incredibly slowly, much like a game day in college does on a Friday night or something you're really looking forward to. After pacing around the backyard and playing on the computer for a bit, I finally left for the training ground. The drive took about 45 minutes, and we arrived 30 minuted before I was scheduled to meet the GK trainer. Probably the coolest thing about the entire facility is that it is open to the public. Right when we walked up, the entire first team practice is going on with hundreds of fans just watching Kevin Kuranyi, Manuel Nauer and co do their thing. It was pretty cool to see these professionals train in their environment and see the drills and stuff they do...very fun. So after a bit of wandering trying to find out where I needed to go, we finally met the Goalie trainer and I headed upstairs to change. I was nervous all day and the first moments of training defintely showed it. The ball seemed like something I had never seen before at first, but eventually I got my bearings back and calmed down and di my thing. I have lacked training so my goal was to not make any stupid mistakes...I accomplished that, but it may have not been as clean as I would have like..but overall it was a good session. The original plan was to come back Thursday, but they told me to come back for a full team practice tomorrow so that's pretty exciting...Anyways, we will see what happens..But now I have to get up in 8 Hours..which is gonna be hard...but wish me luck as my adventure continues...

P.S. The vidoes are obviously of the first team session, I am going to train and have the Pokorny's take some pictures, video of Thursday session from the team I am with.
Ciao,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment