Thursday, June 25, 2009

Training News

So today was a somewhat eventful day. I woke up a bit later than I expected, I guess that the jetlag had not worn off even with the long nap. After a nice breakfast where I nearly had some spoiled milk for breakfast, my aunt and I headed into the middle of Konigsbrunn, which I´m told was at one point the Countries (I was corrected :) longest village. We went to the local vodaphone store to buy a new chip for the phone I have while over here. When we got back, I took a quick 20 minute run around town and then we recieved some pretty exciting if not interesting news. On tuesday I will recieve a training session that is also a tryout of sorts with this man, Bernd Meier. This guy has played for some of the biggest teams in Germany, so to receive some training from him is not only an honor but a huge possibility for future open doors. During this session, of what I am assuming is only going to be an hour or so, Mr. Meier will assess whether or not he sees it fit to reccommend me for his agent. If this were to happen, the possibilities are endless and it would be a great boost for my hopes. On the same topic, the Gerry Weber Stadium is where the tryout/session will take place. This venue, which hosts the annual Gerry Weber Open, is usually host to tennis matches all year round and looks like a beautiful venue...so I´m pretty psyched about that. After that, my cousin Berd came over again and we all had a fine German meal of McDonalds. After the food had settled, the South Africa and Brazil game was on, so with the company of two of my aunts old neighbors, we had a few beers and talk about soccer and the game itself. Very nice people...and it helped that they knew english. Tomorrow, my cousin Simone gets home from a 2 week vacation from Spain and is planning on showing me the nightlife of Konigsbrunn, so thats gonna be interesting, and a bit frightening ha. I haven´t seen her in maybe 15 years so it´s going to be surreal. Anyways, I should probably get to bed seeing that it is 2am. Feel free to comment on anything and let me know if you guys want to know anything about the experience over here. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Brian

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bro, sounds very promising. Like I mentioned, I never had an opportunity like that to train one on one with a pro when I was there, so take full advantage of it. And it would help your chances if you stopped eating crap like McDonald's! ;) Anyway, glad to hear it sounds like you're having fun with Amparo and Bernd. Hope you get to see him in concert, I'm sure it would be fun. And Simone is really great too so I'm sure you'll have fun in town with her and her friends. Wish you could have been there with me during the last World Cup, it was a blast after they won the Poland game. Well, just keep up your fitness and the right chance will come along. I'm really proud of you bud. Kick some butt.

    ReplyDelete