Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Day in Germany

So I arrived here in Munich safely and soundly. The flight was long, and uneventful but actually was kind of nice to go through the experience of a long flight once again. I again lucked out as I was in the first row of economy seats and got to have a bit more leg room so that was nice; i was actually able to fully extend my legs straight to the wall. The weather here today is actually pretty miserable. Cloudy with some showers, right around 65 degress (the above pic pretty much sums it up, except imagine a United plane). My Aunt Amparo picked me up from the airport and we began our little over an hour trip back to her house, which is awesome. The floors and stairs seem to never end. Germany is beautiful, even in the midst of clouds and drizzle. Everything is so old and full of charachter, and gives you a real sense of how young the United States is. I also found that spanish will be our language of choice between my Aunt and I when we hold conversations, as her english, although 1000x better than my german (i know nothing) is lost in translation. It`s pretty cool to find myself translating in my head and actually understanding everything she is saying and being able to respond. On the way back, we got a chance to say hi to my cousin Bernd at work, who is always a pleasure to see . He recently, well a few months back, had his first child and getting to see pictures for the first time of her was nice..she is a beautiful baby. The agenda for today is to just rest and get some needed zzzzzz´s. Hopefully i´ll be able to catch the USA vs Spain game here tonight...GO USA. I also might play in a small pcik up game with my cousin later tonight...who knows. Alright well off to take a nap...it`s 1:05 PM here, meaning it´s 6am for me in my brain. The 1.5 hours of sleep on the plane is not cutting it. Take care all.
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment