Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Moving Around

Hey All,
Sorry for the lack in updates...but honestly, nothing really new happened until now. I am currently back in Augsburg, after arriving earlier today via train. Once again I must take time to thank the Helber family for everything they did for me while I was at their homes. Your gratitude is much appreciated and it is very nice to know that I, as always, have people that care about my well being. They are great hosts and exceptional people. Now, It was pretty cool to take a european train after my endless rides on Chicago's 'El." (BTW yeah Santa is really in the sled) Let me just say one thing...I know we all agree (at least those of us that have been on the debouchery of a toilet that we call a train) that the transportation system needs to get massively improved if we are to host the 2016 olympics. Today wasn't the greatest ride, but it was the least rocky train ride that I have every had. The train was so smooth it was incredible. Now this has to do with the fact that the trains are newer and all..but still the head jerking and pulling that gives you and instant Ab workout in Chicago was never there. It was nice to be still..but to be honest I missed Chicago and the small things that come with it... Anyways, the rest of the experience was decent the train was way to hot. As I mentioned the weather here hasn't been the best so today when it was nearly 90 degrees out, the trains obviously had no a.c. Needless to say, a required shirt change was needed due to my awesome pits. I actually got some reading done on the train which was nice. It is so nice to be able to read things post-college. Instead of reading countless pages on Medieval books of Armageddon or the history of spacing in between words...(Yes, I had to write a 20+ page review on this very 500 page book...and yes, it was as boring and literal as the title sounds). Now I can sit down, read something I really enjoy and only has one assignment; a mental review of good, or, bad. I like it this way. After arriving back in Konnigsbrunn, it was nice to see the people and family who I had spent my first 2 weeks with, and once again nice to begin my conquest of the spanish language. We had a family BBQ here and it was great to see everyone and get back to catch up and see how everyone was doing, nothing beats family. Now the reason I am back here and not in the Bavarian Forest. Christian let me know that things with FC Bad Kotzting had changed. Despite the coaches desire to sign me to a contract, he could not get the vote of the management in this recession plagued time. Anyways, it was a great experience and I thank all involved for great times and experience...from the coaches to the players...all great guys. I wish them nothing but success this season. Uli, the coach from FCBK was able to help me out in another way. He has contacts at other teams, and has recommended me to FC Ingolstadt. I do not know much about the tryout/practice yet. All I know is that they have two teams at the moment, one in the BayernLiga (same league as FCBK) and a team in the Liga 3 (Recently demoted from the 2nd division) and that it begins on Friday. I can only hope for an opportunity and am looking forward to the challenge of training with these guys. It seems exciting but we will wait and see for more information. Anyways, tomorrow will be my first official day as a temporary tourist. My Aunt and I are going to head to Garmish Partenkirchen. I know Jamie will be excited (she tourned Germany for 2 weeks after her high school graduation) and I am too. I have lacked pictures and need some good ones. I am off to bed now...hope all is well back home and hope to talk to some soon with good news.
"Live how you think, not by what you've been told."
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment